Over the past few weeks, we have gotten quite a bit of snow. The boys and I were able to go out and play in it for a little while on Monday night. We even got the sled out and went down our driveway. They had a blast!
For Drake’s 4-year pictures, we decided to try another photographer – Kara Knuth Photography. She was very friendly and really tried to engage with Drake. These are my favorite pictures from the morning.
If you haven’t already heard or seen (I posted this on Become a Coupon Queen), I cut my hair on Friday and will be donating it!
Over a 20 month period, I only had my hair cut twice – mainly due to lack of time and planning after having Colin. So, at my appointment back in May 2013, I decided I would let it grow and donate. Here are my before and after pictures:
It feels great, but I do miss some of the length.
I’ll probably grow it out again. :-)
We celebrated Drake’s birthday with our family and friends last Saturday. The first part of the party was a tour of our local fire station. The kids really enjoyed it, but I think the parents did, too! It was interesting to hear about their days and see where they work/live. After the fire station tour, we went back to the house for dinner, cake and presents.
I’ve seen these traditions before and thought age 4 was the best time to start. So, here is our first interview with Drake.
1. Who is your favorite person in the whole world? Colin (awe…cue the tears!)
2. What is your favorite color? red and green
3. What’s your favorite TV show? Monkey George (Curious George)
4. What’s your favorite outfit? jeans and shirt
5. What sport do you like best? soccer
6. What song do you love? ABC song
7. What’s your favorite cereal? Lucky Charms
8. Who is your best friend? teacher
9. What do you want to be when you grow up? dad
10. What is your favorite book? the Bible
11. What are you really good at? hiding (mmm…sometimes. lol!)
12. Where do you wish you could go on vacation? to a house
13. What is your best memory? I don’t know.
14. What would you buy if you had $1,000? a truck
15. What vegetable do you hate the most? apple (no,son, this is not a vegetable)
16. If you could have one wish, what would it be? truck
17. What is your favorite flavor ice cream? chocolate milk (close…)
18. Who is your biggest hero? fireman
19. What do you like to do best with your friends? I don’t know.
20. What do you hope to do before your next birthday? I don’t know.
I can’t wait to see how he will answer these same questions next year – a couple of them were hard for him to understand and his attention span was just done. :-)
It’s hard to believe it’s been four years since you were born! You have been in pre-school since September and love it. It’s called “Iron Kids” and is at Normal Community High School. It’s only 1.5 hours twice a week, but I can tell you are learning so much.
You can pick out the letter “D” and “C” anytime you see it since they are “yours” and “Colin’s” letters, but the rest of the alphabet isn’t so lucky. :-) I’m sure that will change over the next 6 months to year.
Counting to eleven has been easy after reading Dr. Suess’ One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish book so many times. You can count to 20 with a little help.
You are proficient in the ABC song and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and really trying to sing Row, Row, Row Your Boat without help.
You love church and reading bible stories. It’s amazing the things that you are picking up on. I cannot wait to see how your faith develops and grows over the years.
We had your 4-year well check and you weighed in at just 34 pounds (39th percentile) and were 32.75 inches tall (19th percentile). You had one shot which we weren’t expecting, and you were not very happy about it. Thankfully, the nurse was quick, and you don’t have to go back for a year.
You are wearing size 3T in all clothes, size 10 shoes and we have yet to work on night-training, but you did wake up dry once!
Watching you and Colin together is such a blessing. There are moments when you are so loving towards one another and other times when I think you are going to hurt each other. I’m guessing this is how life will be with two boys. :-)
We love you so much and look forward to watching you grow each day!
My niece is in college! I have to almost pinch myself when I realize she is old enough to experience college already, but I’m sure her parents are doing the same thing. Last weekend, Drake and I made the trek north to check out what she’s up to this year. She’s on the cheer team so we watched her cheer at a basketball game, saw her dorm room (can you say jealous?) and had dinner with her before leaving town.
After dinner, we drove to Mt. Horeb for my nephew’s “Night of Jazz” concert. It was a late night for Drake, but he did great.
Then, we got up and moving on Sunday morning. We met one of my best friends from college for breakfast at Panera in Rockford. Please keep her and preemie son in your prayers. He’s doing great, but he was born at 25 weeks.